Wednesday 28 July 2010

What would I like to achieve and how will my work support my future personal and professional development ... how will I reach my long term goal.

At the centre of technology lies design….with the perception of a need, continues with the formulation of a specification, the generation of ideas and a final solution, and ends with an evaluation of the solution.


According to John Bilton (2010) he stated pointed out that ‘The motivating factor behind all technological activity is the desire to fulfil a need. For this reason all designs should be made or realised - whether that be through prototype, batch- or mass- production or some form of three-dimensional or computer model - if the need is to be truly fulfilled, the design is to be legitimately evaluated, and the design activity is to have been purposeful and worthwhile’.


The UK Technology Education Centre (2010) What is Technology?
Available at: http:// atschool.eduweb.co.uk/trinity/watistec.html (Accessed 28/6/2010).


Therefore I plan to re enter the Fashion industry and work along side other designers using the latest technology used within the fashion industry, and to do so I would like to study and develop in an environment that allows me to achieve the following:

•To bring together the skills, experience and knowledge I have acquired throughout my previous courses.


•To provide the opportunity to study an aspect of art and design that is of personal interest to me.

•To promote independent, practical personal self-directed study, that illustrates the use and exploration of artistic materials. That will be supported by analysis, discussion and evaluation of the selected methodology and chosen method of its exemplification.

No comments:

Post a Comment