Tuesday 10 August 2010

The Science Museum in London

Yesterday my friend and I visited the Science Museum, I discovered the following:

Light Emitting Materials
Flourescence: Absorbs Ultra Violet light...it will release it as visible light.

Washing powder have flourescence particles to make clothes appear whiter....

Forescent light tubes are coated with a mixture of three coloured florescence to create a warm white light....


I also discovered an exhibition called 'The Perception of Materials'. The statement read 'How you feel about materials influences which ones you choose to wear'. A material that performs well still seems wrong, artists and designers are often able to change peoples perception of the suitability of using particular materials'.

I guess what I found out is that in order to visualise a garment one has to create a garment...So therefore I will try to eventually create a garment by using elements of materials that interest me. Furthermore I will start to practise using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator so that ' I CAN CREATE SOMETHING DIGITAL THAT CAN BE WORN'.



I also checked out a Japanese Textile Designer called Kyoko Kuma...she produces garments out of steel...



Light Emitting Materials
(2010) Science Museum, 26th July 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment